Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Documentation Log 6: Live Art

Language of Performance Art

 Our final stage of experimentation was a live art performance. The premise was to focus on the main lines of composition within your project and then interpret them through a visual medium. By considering the space and objects in context it should then be possible to find new languages to represent ideas.

 I wanted to record two separate performances, first by myself and then with another person. To capture the spontaneous creation of ideas I decided that there would be no talking throughout. However, I wrote two brief scripts based on the main themes of my project. This way I had a rough idea of which direction I wanted my performance to head in, without constraining it too much.


 I began with a solo performance. Unfortunately, the camera was slightly out of focus but I didn’t notice until the end. Nevertheless, I think it turned out well. I fully utilised the space and objects around me but by including so many props I fear that my ideas might have become too diluted and difficult to understand.


 The second recording was a dual performance. I feel that this one related more closely to my project than the first video. Despite almost constant movement there were fixed points within the video and these helped to maintain my lines of composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment